Belly Fat is today’s most common problem. Everyone is in the quest for a thinner waist, developing a midrib, 6 packs, or a flatter tummy. There is no single solution to all these. The solution is there, but it has to be a holistic approach. A sedentary lifestyle and wrong eating habits which include fast foods, ready-to-eat foods, or restaurant foods are the problems.
One needs to understand that only doing crunches even 150 in a row, is not going to solve your problem. Spot reduction is not possible and does not happen how much ever you try. Being calorie deficient is the only answer. A change in lifestyle, eating habits and a daily workout routine is the only solution. The focused core exercises will help to build the core muscles so that once the visceral fat is shed, they are strong and well-chiseled.
What Is Visceral Fat?
Visceral fat is commonly known as belly fat or fat around the stomach or abdominal. It is potentially harmful because it surrounds the organs in the abdomen. It releases proteins and hormones that cause inflammation of the organs, and tissues. These proteins can inflame the blood vessels and narrow them thus affecting the blood flow. They can also affect the functioning of the liver and hamper the breakdown of the sugars and fats in the body. Visceral fat can lead to type 2 diabetes, blood pressure, and heart conditions.
How To Lose Belly Fat
A holistic approach to change in diet and lifestyle is the only key to this quest. Some lifestyle changes that can help in getting rid of the visceral fat are:
- Consuming low calorie food: Eating lesser calories than you burn is the aim. This helps in losing fat both visceral and subcutaneous. Eat freshly cooked food. Say no to processed food, baked foods, and French fries.
- Say no to sugary drinks: Soda and hot drinks like tea and coffee that contain sugars should be eliminated from the diet.
- Eat fewer refined carbs: Refined carbohydrates are low in nutritional value but high in calories. These are found in refined grains and its products and sugary foods and drinks.
- More fruits and vegetables: Incorporate as many fruits and vegetables in your daily meal plan as possible.
- More lean proteins: Increase the quantity of proteins that you consume daily. Increasing legumes, nuts, lean meats and whey helps to achieve this goal.
- Healthy fats: Cutdown on saturated and trans fats in your diet. Increase nuts, nut butters, olive oil, fatty fish, eggs all which have healthy fats.
- Plan a workout: Workout should be inclusive of cardio, strength training and flexibility exercises.
- Cardio can include walking, running on flat and incline, cycling, swimming, HIIT, rowing,
- Strength training with heavy weights and fewer repetitions helps the body to burn calories even after the workout in the resting phase.
- Flexibility exercises of yoga chakra asana (wheel pose), plank pose, chair pose, chaturanga asana.
- Exercises to strengthen the core muscles are- burpees, sprawl, Turkish get up, mountain climbers, side to side slams, overhead slams, Russian twists.
8. Overall activity enhancement like using stairs instead of the elevator, walking or cycling to closer destinations, parking further from destination, using a standing desk.
A Word From H2FCare
It is important to remember that the goal to lose belly fat should not be because of looks but for a healthier and fitter life. To gain that you will have to make a change in lifestyle and eating habits. Rome was not built in a day nor can your health and fitness be built up in a few days. Do not aim for quick results.
Those who have been practicing a few healthy things in life would be benefiting from those. To gain complete benefits try and adopt all the above-mentioned routines and witness the difference.