While planning a vacation the first thing I check is the activities around that place into which I can indulge. Being a lover of adventure sports I always look forward to paragliding, kayaking, trekking, and so on. I am sure most of you would also be doing the same. Adventure sports as the name suggests are activities that involve extraordinary speed, scaling heights, physical exertion, death-defying stunts, and so on. These activities involve a high degree of risk to the participants along with the thrill, entertainment, and adventure that they provide. One needs to have a strong mental makeup to indulge in them. A person here competes against nature rather than competing against any other participant.
Some of the commonly found adventure sports are
- Rock climbing
- Mountaineering/ Mountain climbing
- River rafting
Mountain PeaksToday being the National Mountain Climbing Day let us enlighten you with the names of a few mountain peaks you can climb in India, some of these are
- Mentok Kangri, Ladhak
- Nun Kun Peak, Ladhak
- Deo Tibba, Manali
- Seven sisters peak, Manali
- Mt Jopuno, Sikkim
- Mt Thingchinkhan, Sikkim
- Mount Satopanth peak, Uttrakhand
- Mt Shivlinga, Uttrakhand
Benefits Of Adventure SportsBesides the thrill and adventure, these sports benefit us a lot in our holistic development, Naming some of these as:
- Develop Self-confidence: people who engage in adventure sports compete with themselves and hence have a great sense of achievement. This boosts up their self-confidence.
- To build concentration: These sports need you to remain attentive during the entire process. A person thus needs to work on his / her concentration and focusing techniques before participating in them.
- Nurtures bonding with nature: these sports give ample exposure to nature thus enhancing the bond of the participant with nature.
- Face challenges against odd situations: one learns to face the challenges that crop up during the entire period of the event and prepare us to face any such odd challenges everywhere else in our lives.
- Use of abundant energy: they teach us how to correctly channelize the abundant energies we possess
- Encourages creativity: the development of the new maneuvers and stylish execution of them enhances our creativity.
- Develops Mental and Physical fitness: Some of these sports require extreme physical fitness and encourage us to indulge in muscle building and to follow a fitness regime.
- Improves social relations: while in these sports we get to meet new people and learn to cooperate and work in unison with them.
- Provides amusement and excitement: the thrill and entertainment obtained by taking part in these sports is not a hidden factor
- An outlet for stress and tensions: they help us to escape the stress and tensions we face in our otherwise daily lives.